Friday 6 May 2016

CFS/ME, blog writing and costume making

I have several ideas for blog posts including more on the theme of LARPing with disabilities.

One thing that a lot of people overlook, including at times me, is that some activities that look pretty low energy can actually use a lot of energy for somebody with CFS/ME. One such activity is blog writing. The research and writing that goes in to a blog post, staring a screen, trying to form coherent sentences and considering your readers is actually quite taxing. I think most people who have ut in long hours on university essays or work projects know this feeling, and that it's not just down to late nights writing. It's exaggerated in people with ME since we have a lower energy bank to draw from anyway. Writing all afternoon for me, feels like when I used to stay up until 1am working on an essay in uni (in my pre-Lyme days).

But to keep you posted and as a reminder to myself, here are a few of the planned posts I have going on:
  • Costume making with CFS/ME (things I have learned and advice).
  • The role of adrenaline in the CFS/ME body
  • Some general thoughts on the state of politics in the UK right now.
  • Sexism in LARP - a collaboration with Ladies Who LARP 
  • Thoughts and observations about disability in comics.
So we have that to look forward to. When have I finished this costume, been to a masquerade ball LARP (based on the Split Worlds novels), slept, got a new tattoo (oh would you like a blog post about that!?), checked out a venue for a new LARP, visited my dad ...

Rest. I need to fit rest in there some where.

No comments: